Similar Questions for How To Divide Large Numbers from Yahoo AnswersQuestionAnswer
In such calculations...
1. Firstly cross the zeroes, given in the calculations. In this que. 432000/45000 will change into 432/45.
2. Nextly, check if the two numbers have a common factor. If yes, divide both of them with the factor.
3. After you get the smallest possible digits, divide them directly.
There are some tricks that I invented myself to divide/Multiply a no. quickly by 5...
*Multiply by 5---
Say, you need to multiply the no. 49625 by 5.
1. Put a zero after the digit. Now the no. becomes 496250.
2. Divide the no. by 2 and you get the answer.
Dividing a no. by 2 is always quite easy... So, it is!
Add a any no. with 6,7,8,9 ending numbers---
Say, you need to add 824 to 429..
1. Choose the easier digit( In this que. 824 is easier as it ends with 2)
2. Add 500 to 824. Easy! you get 929.
3. Subtract 70. You get 829+30 = 859.
4. Subtract 1. You get the solution i.e. 858.
If you practice it a bit, you will be able to solve such question quite easily and even without a notebook!
Best Of luck!
How do I divide large numbers?Answer
How do I divide large numbers? For example: 9,362,021 divided by 18,972,350.
If you take the 9 and divide it by 18, it comes up with 2. The answer is 0.493. i don't think that's the right method.
9,362,021 ÷ 18,972,350 is irreducible
The decimal approximation is 0.493
God bless you.